Sunday, April 13, 2014

Google takeover!

After the conversation we had in class on Friday on Google. I do believe that Google has a grip on people's everyday life on the internet. Personally when I want to find something out and completely forget the website that I was suppose to go to for the topic. I just go to google and type in some keywords to help me find the site. I also use it for finding sites to watch TV shows, music, art inspiration, nearby events going on for fun. I can go on forever but I'm pretty sure you get the idea. I believe if Google was ever to be taken down and stop working some people would find it hard to function because Google just has that strong of a grip on consumers online. For me I would just start using Bing. I use it sometimes because some of my friends say it's an alternative for if Google doesn't find the results that you are looking for. But still I may freak out if it did stop working this site is the number one search engine that I use in my daily life.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Tiona. I would ind it difficult to function if Google were taken down. It IS the way we navigate online and if it disappeared some other equally powerful search engine would need to emerge to take its place.

    ReplyDelete